Wednesday, 9 May 2012
I LOVE ANIMALS.
so, i inquired about volunteering at ZSL.
a friend of a friend already volunteers there and offered to tell me more about it and show us around, and throw in some treats for our day out.
we didn't know until we got there what we would be doing. but as you can see,
we got to feed lemurs giraffes and sloths in their enclosures.
it was amazing.
Lemurs are so chilled playful and affectionate, i could have stayed in there all day.
Giraffes were funny. they are so beautiful, i want their eyelashes!
the sloths were my favourite!
there were 2 - Marilyn (because she's blonde) she's only 2 and Prince, he's 23!
i got to feed him, and because he's so old he is extra slow and has lost his teeth so his vegetables are steamed and mushy.
i felt so lucky and the whole day confirmed my love of animals.
i turn into a 5 year old whenever im at a zoo!
i would love to work with animals.
maybe animal photography...
Sunday, 6 May 2012
These are not my own pictures nor my own recipe but i'm a massive lover of baking tasty treats and wanted to reblog this so i can bake this tasty goodness myself.
Ingredients for cake:
2 tubs sherbert
1 box macaroons
some melted butter
Ingredients for glaze:
2 tbsp hot water or milk
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Take sherbert out of freezer and let soften about 5 min
2. Meanwhile, crush macaroons until coarsely chopped.
3. Add melted butter to macaroons until they "hold" together. Maybe 4 tbsp? I don't know. Just until it holds.
4. Place 1/3 macaroons on the bottom of pan. Layer with sherbert > macaroons > sherbert > macaroons
5. Let it settle in freezer for atleast 2 hours +
6. Make glaze by stiring water and lemon juice into the sugar a few drops at a time.
7. Cut cake and drizzle glaze over each slice and enjoy heaven!
i can't wait to try this delicious looking recipe and send special thanks to http://jkoakden.blogspot.co.uk/